Eating With Fiber
If you've been looking for a way towards a high octane diet,
you'll find fiber to be exactly what you need. Even though
research has shown fiber to be powerful, many people aren't
taking this nutrient seriously.
To help you fuel your health with fiber, here
are 10 facts to help.
1. Fiber fights diseases. A diet high in fiber can help to
prevent colon cancer and heart disease. High fiber helps the
body to eliminate cholesterol by binding it in the digestive
tract. For thousands of years, fiber has been used to stop
2. Fiber can actually help with overeating. All high fiber
foods will take longer to chew and digest, making you feel
3. Most popular foods don't have enough fiber. If you like the
more popular foods, you probably need to increase your intake
4. Grains offer the most fiber. Dietary fiber is actually plant
matter that we cannot digest. The best sources are whole grains
and concentrated grain products.
5. Kids need fiber as well. Children that are older than 2
years of age should consume a daily intake of fiber. Kids are
most receptive to fiber found in fruits, vegetables, and even
fortified breakfast cereals.
6. More fiber needs more water. In order to keep fiber moving
through your digestive tract, you'll need to consume a lot of
water. With your diet of fiber, you'll need eight or more
glasses of water every day.
7. Fiber cannot be cooked out. When you cook your fruits and
vegetables, don't worry about cooking the fiber out, as it
stays. The fiber found in fruits and vegetables aren't just in
the skin or in the peel.
8. You can get enough fiber. If you eat more than 50 grams of
fiber in a day, you can get diarrhea and bloating, which can
interfere with your body's absorption of other key
9. Getting the right amount of fiber in your diet doesn't have
to be hard. Even though you may think so, getting the amount of
fiber you need isn't very hard to do. All you have to do is eat
the right foods and you'll be well on your way to a fiber rich
As one of the key ingredients to healthy eating, fiber is something
you don't want to skip. Fiber can serve many different
purposes, which were covered above.
If you aren't getting enough fiber in your diet - you should
do something about now instead of waiting until it is too